Product Spotlight: Oval-8® Finger Splints
Quickly and effectively treat mallet and trigger finger
Oval-8 Finger Splints are the ideal choice whenever you need to stabilize or immobilize the small joints of your patient’s fingers. The versatile 3-point pressure design allows each Oval-8 Finger Splint to treat six or more conditions with a simple turn of the splint.
You can use use Oval-8 Finger Splints to quickly and effectively treat:
- Mallet finger
- Swan neck and boutonniere deformities
- Trigger finger and trigger thumb
- Lateral deviation
- Hypermobility (Ehlers-Danlos syndrome)
- Molded plastic splints, with broad bands and rounded edges for comfort
- Each splint expands to accommodate mild edema or changes in finger size due to swelling, temperature change or time of day
- Open-air design keeps skin clean and dry
- Waterproof design allows splints to be worn when washing hands, showering or swimming
- Comfortable and effective; splints take mere seconds to fit
How to Adjust an Oval-8
The angled band of the Oval-8 Finger Splint allows each splint to fit two sizes. Occasionally the splint may need to be adjusted to fine-tune the size or alter the angle or length. This video details how health care providers can adjust the Oval-8 Finger Splint for a custom fit.
How to treat Mallet Finger
How to treat Trigger Finger
For more info on products mentioned in this article or for info on current product specials, please contact your personal MeyerPT Account Manager.
If you don’t know who your Account Manager is, please call 866.528.2144 to find out.