October is National Physical Therapy Month (NPTM), an opportunity to raise awareness of the benefits of physical therapy.
Get involved and urge people to choose physical therapy (#ChoosePT) to improve mobility, manage pain and other chronic conditions, recover from injury, and prevent future injury and chronic disease.
What you can do:
- Share resources from APTA’s official consumer information website, ChoosePT.com, which will be visited by more than 4 million Americans this year. The site includes the Find a PT directory, symptoms and conditions guides, health tips, podcasts, and more.
- Use #ChoosePT in your social media posts.
- Get your ChoosePT shirts and access handouts and graphics from our updated toolkit.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and share our posts.
- Present to the public, payers, and other health care professionals about a physical therapist’s and physical therapist assistant’s role in collaborative care.
- Participate in PT Day of Service (October 12) and other community events.
- APTA member PTs: Update your Find a PT profile. We recently improved this online tool to make it easier for consumers and other health care providers to locate you for the purposes of seeking care. Activate your update your profile, and be sure to add a photo and select practice focus areas.
Contact APTA’s public and media relations staff at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
For more info on products mentioned in this article or for info on current product specials, please contact your personal MeyerPT Account Manager.
If you don’t know who your Account Manager is, please call 866.528.2144 to find out.