As a physical therapist, you may be skeptical about using hemp-derived CBD products formulated with analgesics in your practice. Although these products are newer to the market, it is common to see them being used as a substitute for the topical analgesics you already know and use. By incorporating hemp-derived CBD products formulated with analgesics as an adjunct therapy to massage or other treatments, you can offer your patients an alternative form of relief.
Learn more below about why you should consider adding hemp-derived CBD products formulated with analgesics to your patient care plans.
- Analgesics and chiropractic adjustments are natural alternatives to addictive painkillers. Today, many patients are seeking out safer alternatives to support relief of their discomfort. According to Harvard Magazine, “Research increasingly shows that other analgesics and non-pharmacological pain-relief methods, such as chiropractic, manipulation, acupuncture, physical therapy, and yoga, can be as effective, sometimes even more effective than opioids.1” By incorporating topical analgesics with therapy sessions, you can provide patients with a form of relief that is less likely to cause them harm with extended use.2
- Topical analgesics support sore muscles and joints in three different ways. The three main ingredients used in topical analgesics include salicylates, counterirritants, and capsaicin. Salicylates support pressure reduction in the joints. Counterirritants, like menthol, trick the brain into thinking the skin feels warmer or cooler as a way to distract pain receptors. Capsaicin, derived from chili peppers, works to block the skin’s pain receptors. Most hemp-derived CBD products are formulated with analgesics help to support a specific treatment area where the product is applied.
- Analgesics are easy to use, portable, and readily available. A variety of therapy sessions can benefit from the use of hemp-derived CBD products formulated with analgesics, including massage and hand therapy treatments. At MeyerPT, we make it simple for you to provide relief to patients wherever you are with our analgesics available in tubes, bottles, roll-ons, and more. You can visit MeyerPT.com 24/7 to place an order for hemp-derived CBD products. No need to worry about running out of product with our same-day shipping capabilities.
- Hemp-derived CBD + analgesic products can be combined with physical therapy treatments. Although physical therapy can help improve many different issues, a patient care plan should still include a component that can be done at home. By incorporating a hemp-derived CBD product formulated with analgesics into your patients’ treatment, you can support their rehabilitation in the clinic and at home.
- There are a variety of topical mediums to choose from based on your patients’ needs and preferences. Using hemp-derived CBD products formulated with analgesics in conjunction with therapy sessions can provide your patients with a comprehensive approach to treatment. At MeyerPT, we carry a wide selection of professional CBD and CBD + analgesic products like ointments, balms, massage oils, creams, lotions, and serums. Take a look at your current service offerings to determine the best possible analgesic medium to add as an adjunct therapy for your patients.
Create an account with MeyerPT today or contact your personal account manager at 1.866.528.2144 for more information.
These products and statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your health care professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product. These products are not recommended for children, pregnant or nursing women.
1Gibson, Lydialyle. “‘Effective Treatment Everywhere.’” Harvard Magazine, 14 May 2019, www.harvardmagazine.com/2019/05/harvard-and-university-of-michigan-joint-summit-on-opioids.
2DeBusk, Christina. “How Topical Analgesics Provide a Safer Pain Relief Option.” Chiropractic Economics, 28 Nov. 2017, www.chiroeco.com/topical-analgesics-safer-pain-relief/.