Michael Rintala, D.C. is in private practice in San Diego, California specializing in sports medicine and rehabilitation. He graduated with a Doctor of Chiropractic degree from the Los Angeles College of Chiropractic in 1997.
Dr. Rintala has been part of the Professional Golf Association (PGA) Tour Sports Medicine Team since 2005. He is also a treating doctor for the World Surf League (WSL) and wide variety of other organizations ranging from Dance to Action Sports.
Dr. Rintala is an international instructor on DNS for the Prague School of Rehabilitation. He is a Hardstyle Kettlebell Certified practitioner and a certified DNS Exercise Trainer and Practitioner.
Dr. Rintala is and has been a member of the sports medicine/chiropractic staff of the following organizations and events:
- Professional Golf Association Tour (PGA) Medical Team 2004-Present
- Director of Athlete Medical and Rehabilitation, Dew Action Sports Tour 2005
- Director of Athlete Medical and Rehabilitation, NBC Gravity Games, 2000-2004
- Medical Director, LG Action Sports Championships, 2003-2004
- Medical Director, Association of Volleyball Professionals, 2003 San Diego
- Medical Director, Eveoke Dance Company, 2000-Present San Diego, California
- Team Chiropractor, San Diego Scorpions Woman’s Professional Football Team 2003
- Team Chiropractor, 2002 San Diego Sunfire Woman’s Professional Football Team
- Team Doctor, 2002-2003 San Diego Jewish Academy Football Team
- Ford Gorge Games 2002-2003 Columbia River Gorge, Oregon Director of Athlete Medical
- USTA Girls’ 16 Super Nationals, 2002 Barnes Tennis Center, San Diego, California Medical Director
- Balance Bar Adventure Race Series, 2002, Manhattan, New York, Director of Rehabilitation and Therapy
- Medical Director Professional Surfing Tour of America (PSTA), 2000, 2001
- Medical Director United States Federation of Brazilian Jiu-Jits, California State Championships, 1999
- Red Bull on the Rocks, Pro Cliff Diving Championships, 1999, Lake Havasu, California, Medical Director
- Treating Doctor Southern California Velodrome Association, 1998