Named the “Health and Fitness Visionary of the Year” by Men’s Health magazine, Dr. Mike Clark is chief science officer of Sharecare and chief executive officer of the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM). An industry leader, he is the creator of NASM’s exclusive Optimum Performance Training™ (OPT) model used by thousands of health and fitness professionals worldwide. Since joining NASM, Dr. Clark’s innovation and leadership have redefined the organization as a global leader and authority in education for fitness, sports performance, and corrective exercise.
Dr. Mike Clark is also recognized as one of the top physical therapists in the world … and he’s entering his 11th season as the team physical therapist for the NBA’s Phoenix Suns. Dr. Mike Clark has also served as a sports medicine consultant and specialist for numerous pro teams and his list of athlete-clients includes MVP’s, All-Stars and Champions from the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, MLS and the Olympic games.
• Doctor of Physical Therapy–Rocky Mountain University
• Master of Science—University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
• Bachelors of Science—University of Wisconsin LaCrosse Certifications:
• NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES)
• NASM Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES)
Reaching the Gold Standard: An Interview with Dr. Micheal Clark